Friday 8 February 2013

SFFS

Final 10 sentences of Ch2 of Firstborn. Lemme know if you want chapter 3. Enjoy




She blushed and scowled before scurrying out of the room.
It was Roland’s turn to shake his head. “Don’t bother. Every single cop in this town has heard stories about you,” he said as he patted my back mockingly.
“All good stories, I hope.”
“Good stories, yes. Funny ones. But none of them picture you in a good way,” he said, no longer trying to hide his amusement.
I sighed. “Then they’re probably true.”

12 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens...but it happens more often than not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it leaves me curious to see what the police see as good, funny stories but doesn't paint a good picture.
    Bring on Chapter 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok then. Chapter 3 it is. *cracks knuckles*

      Delete
  3. Go on, bring on Chapter 3. :D Good stuff. Are you done with Book 2 yet? Huh-huh???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on it nonstop for the past 4 days but I'm far from finishing it. But I'm glad you are looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted when I'm done and have the previews out

      Delete
  4. Nice way to end the snippet. It makes the character very likable.

    And yes, I'll third the request, bring on Chapter 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. This snippet could work as a flash piece, it covers so much in the way of story and characters. I'd certainly love more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice end to the chapter! Bring on three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll add my voice to the demands for Chapter Three - this is a good snippet, and a very nice final line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the resignation in the voice at the end. Chapter 3, bring it on! :D

    ReplyDelete